Bart Hess is an artist and designer whose work explores several fields that straddle textile, fashion and animation within both the commercial and art world. He graduated in 2007 from the Design Academy, Eindhoven in the 'Man and Identity' department, which looks at finding new materials and forecasting trends in fashion and culture. Hess has always had a fascination with photography, painting and fashion, utilising these visual mediums as methods of storytelling in his work.
Hess has collaborated with designers Lucy McRae and Walter Van Beirendonck, and work has been comissioned from the Stijlinstituut, Philips Design and Walter Van Beirendonck. He has exhibited internationally.
- 'Designhuis', Eindhoven, Netherland, January-March 2008
- 'REmaterialized', Kortrijk, Belgium, February 2008
- 'Instituut Neerlandais', Paris, France, October-November 2007
- 'Superstore', Amsterdam, Netherlands July-August 2007
- 'De Fabriek', Eindhoven, Netherlands, June 2007
- 'REmaterialized', Hannover, Germany, April 2007
- 'Family of Form', Milan, Italy, April 2007