José Teunissen is Professor of Film Theory at ArtEZ Institute of the Arts, Arnhem. Teunissen studied Dutch language and film studies, specialising in the narrative function of costume in film, and read Film Aesthetics at the University of Amsterdam. She acts as a freelance curator and publicist and is also a board member of Premsela, the Dutch Platform for Design and Fashion. From 1987 to 1997 Teunissen taught film and photography at the School of Art in Tilburg, and then worked as a Fashion Curator at The Centraal Museum Utrecht for nine years. Teunissen has contributed to a number of magazines and newspapers, and co-edited The Fashion Handbook, ‘The Power of Fashion’ in conjunction with her Professorship of Filmogrophy at the ArtEZ Institute of the Arts.
Brand, Jan and Teunissen, Jose. Ed. Niessen, Sandra and Van Der Schwaag, Anne. 'Global Fashion Local Tradition: On the Globalisation of Fashion'. Antique Collectors Club Ltd, 2008
- Brand, Jan and Teunissen, Jose. 'Fashion and Accessories'. Lannoo International, Nov 2007.
- Teunissen, Jose. 'Woman by: Vivienne Westwood; Christian Dior; Maison Martin Margiela; Junya Watanabe; Ann Demeulemeester; Veronique Leroy; Bernard Willhelm'. Centraal Museum Utrecht, The Netherlands, March 2003.
- Teunissen, jose. 'Made In Japan'. Centraal Museum Utrecht, The Netherlands, May 2001
- Teunissen, Jose. 'Droog and Dutch Design'. Centraal Museum, Utrecht, The Netherlands, 2000 (i.s.m Ida van Zijl)
- Teunissen, Jose. 'Mode in Beweging. Van modeprent tot modejournal'. Amsterdam NFM, 1992
- Teunissen, Jose. 'De nieuwe kleren. Over mode en Ecologie'. Amsterdam: Balie, 1994