Peter Davies is a painter who lives and works in London. While studying for his MA at Goldsmiths' College in London, Davies was included in three group exhibitions at Lost in Space, London, and in 1997 he appeared in 'Sensation' at the Royal Academy. He has since shown regularly in London and in New York, Los Angeles, Brazil and Scandinavia, and has been written about widely in the international art press. Davies has been making text paintings alongside abstract paintings for several years. His text paintings fall into several themes, such as 'A to Zs' and 'Top 100s' of his favourite artists in different categories. His work creates impact from the formal, visual result, stemming from the way in which he organises the information as a painting, alongside content conveyed by the text.
- 'New British Glass, Institute of Contemporary Arts, Singapore, Singapore, 2006
- 'Looking at Words', Andrea Rosen Gallery, New York, NY 2005
- 'Group Show', Mobile Home, London 2003
- 'Tailsliding', Contemporary Art Centre (CAC), Vilinus 2001
- 'New Paintings' Gagosian Gallery, London 2001
- 'Die Young Stay Pretty', ICA, London, 1998
- 'New paintings' The Approach, London, 1998
- 'Sensation' Royal Academy of Art, London, 1997
- John Moores Painting Prize 2002
Davies is represented by the The Approach.
Peter Davies features in a project.
And All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt