Twin is a creative duo who came together in 2002 with a mission to produce innovative ideas for film and multimedia. After graduating from Central Saint Martins, director Alex Carvalho and photographer Tobias Toyberg went on to work together. Their work is founded on a longstanding engagement with moving image, and characterised by a broad creative palette spanning live-action, photography, animation and motion design.
Twin’s work is characterised by sensitivity for the emotive nature of visual and audio rhythm. Today their extensive commercial portfolio balances films and idents for clients including the BBC, The New York Times, Amex, U2, Coldplay, PJ Harvey, Mazda, Jaguar, Samsung, Nokia and Philips; against innovative work for fashion labels like Blaak, Maharishi and Eley Kishimoto. Twin has worked with digital broadcast projects for the Danish Fashion institute and The New York Times Style Magazine.
Their distinctive visual style as filmmakers has led to a number of collaborations with artists from Europe, Scandinavia and Brazil, as well as having works shown at the Museum of Modern Art (São Paulo), Museu Nacional de Bellas Artes Santiago (Chile) and the Photographers’ Gallery (London).
Twinstudio is represented by Nois Productions +44 (0)2030916052
- The Big Screen Project, New York City (US), 2010
- Photo Forum Beirut, Beirut (Lebanon), 2010
- 'Format 09' International Festival, Derby (UK), 2009
- ‘Caixa de sapato’, The Photographers Gallery, London (UK) 2009
- Les Rencontres Internationales de la Photographie d’Arles, Arles (France), 2009
- Foto America biennial, Museu Nacional de Bellas Artes Santiago (Chile), 2009
- Colectivos Fotográficos Ibero-Americanos, Galeria Olido São Paulo (Brasil), 2008
- Museu de Arte Moderna - MAM, São Paulo (Brasil), 2008
- Itaú Cultural SP (Brasil), 2006
- Stockholm Museum of Modern Art, Stockholm (Sweden) 2005
- ‘Trailer/ Man in the Holecene’, Curzon Soho Cinema London (UK) 2004
- Le Festival Némo, Arcadi (France) 2005
- Onedotzero, ICA Cinema, London (UK) 2004
- ‘Showstudio/ Eley Kishimoto’, The Photographers Gallery, London (UK) 2003
- Paris Fashion Week, Paris (France) 2003
- The Mall Galleries, London 2003
- ‘Auto Festival’. Magna Centre, Sheffield (UK) 2002
Twin features in a project.