A journalism-based role – supporting the editorial direction of the site determined by site directors and commissioning freelance creative’s on behalf of SHOWstudio.
Rather than devising site content and proposing new projects, the role is primarily to support and aid the directors and provide essential text for the site.
Primary tasks include:
- Oversee text for site projects – setting the tone for each project in discussion with SHOWstudio Director Nick Knight, in addition to all credits, introductory text etc.
- Working alongside Nick Knight to approach and commission fashion writing.
- Coordinating fashion show coverage with freelance journalists.
- Contacting possible contributors on behalf of Nick/SHOWstudio, liaising with them and their representation and communicating details of scheduling to them.
- Some reporting for the SHOWstudio Blog from events and flagging relevant projects on SHOWstudio.
- Drafting SHOWstudio Newsletter/Newsflashes – Planning weekly content, overseeing and devising copy and ensuring it is proof-read, tested and sent out on schedule every week.
- Working with Nick to devise relevant press release material and liaising with PR’s. Contacting educational establishments and/or press to advise of project launches and events.
- Overseeing SHOWstudio social media, including regular updates to Facebook and Twitter feeds.
- Managing SHOWstudio editorial interns, providing guidance for editorial content and proofing/editing all copy.
The successful candidate will have a passion for fashion, excellent communication skills and a superb grasp of the English language. They will be able to work both as part of a small team and one-on-one with the site’s director, will be engaged and enthusiastic about the possibilities of internet-based fashion editorial and be excited about the opportunities to grow in this unique and exciting company.
Please apply by sending a cover letter, CV and examples of writing to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Editorial Assistant.