JOB TITLE: TECHNICAL SUPERVISOR
REPORTING TO: DIRECTOR
WORKING WITH: DIGITAL DESIGN DEPT
DATE: OCT 2018
As part of the busy and talented existing team, this role works closely with the different departments, to manage the technical elements of SHOWstudio.
- Live streaming - setting up and overseeing various SHOWstudio live streams, including interviews, shoots, panel discussions etc. This involves maintaining streaming equipment, set-up of multiple camera shoots, monitoring audio and supervising video feeds to deliver a high-quality stream
- Audio recording - overseeing and managing all in-house audio recordings including interviews and on-location shoots
- Camera equipment - organising and setting up of cameras for SHOWstudio recordings
- Website management - helping with managing content on the website. Using the custom CMS you will be required to help with the preparation and uploading of site assets and assisting the team with general site use
- Technical input on all SHOWstudio projects - this will include equipment budgets and careful planning to ensure projects run as efficiently as possible
- Project realisation – suggesting and implementing relevant technical solutions to ensure delivery of various SHOWstudio projects such as various video/ audio delivery systems i.e. soundcloud embeds/ media players
- Password management - supervising SHOWstudio's password management system, and routinely changing passwords and for all sensitive account. Ensuring that all employees have access to the password management system and are trained to use it.
- Management and supervision of the internal server - keeping a clean structure for the "Intranet", and making sure all users are trained and routinely and correctly back up company files on the server.
- Media archive management - ensuring internal database has a structured backup of all created media. Upload of archival content to 3rd party channels (YouTube, Vimeo etc), updating the website with updated formats (i.e. YouTube embed to replace video directly uploaded to site, HTML5 to replace Flash files etc.)
- YouTube / Vimeo management - resolving issues with content restrictions, copyright and licenses on 3rd party media platforms.
- Equipment management - create a check in - check out calendar system for equipment, to ensure that equipment is not being double booked for shoots happening simultaneously.
Work is often done by small teams under tight deadlines, so strong communication skills are needed, as is calmness under pressure, resourcefulness, ingenuity in solving problems, dependability, attention to detail, and the ability to cope with rapid change.
The ideal candidate takes ownership of the work, sees things through, and is dedicated to SHOWstudio high standards. Please note this is a junior role, however not entry level, ideally with 1 or 2 years experience.
- Must have previous experience of live sound recording
- Have an interest in fashion, art and music
- Be keen to work across a broad range of technical tasks, and proactive in learning new technical skills
- Be happy taking responsibility for deliverables, including what will sometimes be sole responsibility for a particular task
- Have an appreciation of what SHOWstudio do, and be keen to offer creative input on their activities going forward
- Build and maintain a network of contributors to be hired on ad hoc projects
- Maintain up to date knowledge of software and hardware advancements in order to ensure the technical aspects of SHOWstudio are up to date and running optimally
- Able to work well and remain calm under pressure
- Strong communications with all levels and with high profile individuals
- Keep up to date & communicate to the team advances in appropriate new technologies
Send your CV and covering letter (no longer than 500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Firstname Surname, Office Manager Application’ within the subject field of your email.