SHOWstudio is currently looking for a talented film editing trainee to join the team. The successful applicant must have extensive knowledge of all elements of Final Cut Pro, including offline editing, effects, sound editing and colour grading. He or she ideally has an understanding of video compressions and conversions with programs such as Compressor, although not essential. More important however than technical ability is an enthusiasm for fashion and film and a creative motivated approach. We are looking for someone to train under SHOWstudio's fashion film editor Marie Schuller and join the team on a long term basis as a film editor. Responsibilities will include:
- Handling a number of editing projects, including fashion films, process films, interview series, live streams and re-streams
- Preparing films for the site, inserting title cards and making video compressions
- Preparing video footage for the edit, transferring files to an edit friendly format
- Uploading videos to the site and to our social network outlets
- Assisting on SHOWstudio shoots, handling streaming cameras, vision mixers or capturing video footage
Salary depends on previous experience. To apply, pease send your CV, covering letter and examples of editing work to Marie Schuller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Available starting 8 August 2012