Maison Martin Margiela Illustration by Charles Jeffrey
Couture round-up: Live panel discussion
Lou Stoppard, Amanda Harlech, Alex Fury and Tim Blanks review the S/S 14 Couture shows on 3 February 2014 at 10:40 GMT. With special thanks to Gerry O'Kane for styling and to our model Nicole Gregorczuk from Tess Management.
- Chanel and Dior as the bastions of couture
- Ideas of ‘fragility’ in the Versace collection
- Couture’s association with love and human contact
- The ideas behind the Chanel collection
- Who are the new couture clients?
- Re-examining the Valentino collection
- The forward momentum of the couture industry
- The idea of couture existing only in Paris
- The rules and stipulations of making couture