Accessories designer Pierre Hardy originally studied fine art and dance before working as an assistant to a shoe designer. This job led to a position at French fashion house Christian Dior in 1988, where he designed the footwear for four years. During this time, Hardy was also appointed by Hermés, in 1990, to design its women’s and men’s footwear. In 2001 he was asked by Hermés to also head their fine jewellery range. Hardy launched his own-name brand of shoes in 1999, which now includes men’s footwear and a range of bags. He opened the first Pierre Hardy store in Paris in 2003. From 2001 Hardy has collaborated with Nicolas Ghesquière, the creative director of Balenciaga, to produce the French fashion label’s shoe collection. He has since also designed two capsule collections for American high street chain Gap in 2007 and 2008.
- Accessories Designer of the Year, Elle Style Awards, 2008
- Wallpaper Magazine Best Shoes Design 2006
- Footwear News International Designer of the Year 2006
- 'Talent de l'Audace' Talents du Luxe, Luxury & Creativity Summit, Paris
- Hardy, Pierre; Troncy, Eric. 'Success Is a Job in Paris'. Editions Bernard Chauveau, March 2007
Photo: Sean Thomas
- Pierre Hardy features in a project.