Julie Verhoeven has worked in numerous ways across fashion and design, from illustration to creative direction and design consultancy and her love of drawing is always at the heart of her work. She studied fashion at Medway College (now Kent Institute), graduating in 1987, and began her career as first design assistant to John Galliano, continuing this role with Martine Sitbon in Paris. She went on to head Italian brand Gibo. She has collaborated on fashion projects on international fashion brands including Louis Vuitton and Mulberry. Verhoeven contributes regularly to publications including Dazed and Confused and Self Service.
- 'Still Life with Woman', ZINGERpresents, Amsterdam
- 'Verheaven', Riflemaker, London
- 'Dull as Dishwater', Vera Gliem, Cologne
- 'Salty Nipples', Tache Levy Gallery, Brussels
- 'Man Enough to be a Woman', MU, Eindhoven
- 'Rubber Necking', The White Cubicle, London
- "Feathers Up My Arse', ZINGERpresents,The Netherlands
- 'Fannying Around', Concrete,The Hayward Gallery,London.
- 'Verheaven', Riflemaker ,London
- 'Salty Nipples', Galerie Vera Gliem, Cologne
- 'Saint James in Bloom', The Economist Plaza,London
- '3am Eternal', Alexander Pollazzon, London
- '10 Years', Emily Tsingou, London
- 'The Garden Party', Deitch Projects, New York
- Verhoeven, Julie. ‘Gas Book 13- Julie Verhoeven’. Gas As Interface Co, Ltd, 2004.
- Cole, Bethan. ‘Julie Verhoeven: Fatbottomedgirls 003.’ TDM Editions, 2002.
- Spaninks, A. 'Julie Verhoeven- A Bit Of Rough', MU, 2010