SHOWstudio has a rare and exciting opportunity to join our dynamic team as Digital Art Director. Working with Nick Knight and a team of dedicated and passionate individuals, the position is pivotal to the creation and execution of SHOWstudio’s diverse and pioneering content.
The Digital Art Director is central in the presentation and visual development of the website and brand. They will work especially closely with Nick Knight to devise new methods to display content, to work on digital output such as fashion films and design, both off and online, across multiple strands of the company.
- Working with all departments to ensure that all content is to its highest visual output
- Having an impeccable attention to detail
- Being able to communicate ideas and sometimes complex concepts to a variety of people with varying technical understanding
- Being able to brief and manage junior designers and design interns with daily tasks and time management
- Creating mockups and options across still imagery, graphic design tasks and 3D animation
- Being forward thinking in image making - being up to date with what digital design means today in both the fashion industry and other fields
- Working with SHOWstudio.com’s Content Management System (CMS) to aid in the publishing process of a variety of content and being flexible and having the foresight to problem solve on the spot to achieve impeccable results
- Future proofing content produced. As well as being innovative in their creative thought processes, the candidate should be diligent in ensuring that assets produced are archived properly and that source files and original working suggestions are saved
- Attending live events and ensuring that backstage and behind the scenes imagery is taken to a high level and passed on to the social media team. Ensuring that the brand is well represented at all times
- Collaborating closely with SHOWstudio’s Director, Nick Knight, and his film team, to suggest technical innovations in digital design that aid in the aesthetic and delivery of film projects - especially within the 3D design field
- Maintaining timetabled content - adhering to tight deadlines and ensuring assets are signed off, prepared and uploaded to the website ahead of published time
- Working with the eCommerce and gallery teams to aid in their endeavours - through working on design changes to the shop website, offline printed media such as booklets and checklists
- Maintaining and checking over all social media output. Working to enhance platforms such as Tumblr to deliver world-class consumption of SHOWstudio’s media - working with HTML / CSS / Jquery where applicable to enhance the experience
- Working within the team to create interactive elements to projects. Being comfortable using HTML5 / JQuery / three.js to reimagine what digital output means online and how users can interact with our archive
- Working closely with SHOWstudio’s Editor to aid in the development of project concepts. Being able to develop suggestions and ideas for projects that remain within the constraints of budget and time considerations
Skills and understanding required
- Have an interest in fashion, art and music
- Forward thinking and able to navigate through difficult technical challenges
- A high level understanding of all Adobe Cloud software including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro etc.
- A good to high level understanding of 3D software - ideally Cinema 4D (although alternatives such as Max, Rhino or Maya are welcomed)
- A good to high level understanding of ZBRUSH
- An excellent knowledge of HTML / CSS / Jquery
- A good knowledge of PHP and MySQL (to aid in the maintenance of nickknight.comand machine-a.com).
- A high level of interest in the landscape of digital design today - being able to cross disciplines to suit briefs and being comfortable developing unique techniques and processes
Salary: Based on experience
Applying for the role:
Send your CV and a short cover letter (approx. 300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in the subject line of your email ‘Firstname Surname, Digital Art Director Application'.
Application deadline: We are looking to fill this position quickly so early applications are encouraged.