SHOWstudio has an exciting opportunity to join us assisting our editorial department, as an Editorial Intern.
This role is for students looking for a placement, and is ideal for someone studying for a degree in fashion journalism or similar, with a strong interest in writing, fashion and the arts.
This role is for 6 weeks, starting September 2023, and requires sufficient organisational, communication and administration skills as well as excellent command of the written word.
-Supporting the editorial and social media departments and working closely alongside the Editorial Assistant & Art and Culture Editor.
-Supporting collections coverage during fashion week, including with copy text for the website, assisting social media scheduling and posting, creating research packs, plus covering daily news and exhibitions.
-A constant flow of ideas for relevant articles and think pieces that have a strong association with either digital fashion, the cultural arts or both.
- Competent knowledge of social media platforms including TikTok, Threads, Instagram and SHOWstudio's tone of voice.
- Journalistic and/or copywriting experience.
- Strong command of the written word
- Strong organisational skills and ability to maintain a tight schedule.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- London-based, currently studying at a UK institute.
-Keen knowledge of SHOWstudio, Nick Knight and our work.
- Interest in photography, fashion, film and the arts.
- Knowledge of brands, creative directors and fashion ongoings.
- Experience producing written content for social media channels and online/print publications.
- Paid travel within London and lunch.
- Working from SHOWstudio in Central London. Nearest train and tube station is Victoria.
Please send CV's, and a short covering letter (no longer than two paragraphs), links to your work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include ‘First Name, Surname, editorial intern’ within the subject line of your email.
Due to the high volume of applications you shall only be contacted should your application be successful.
Start Date: Monday 4 September