SHOWstudio wholeheartedly stands in support of the Ukrainian people during this attack by the Russian government.
As the situation in Ukraine becomes increasingly horrific, it can be difficult to know how to best respond and assist the victims of this attack. SHOWstudio is grateful to our friends across the fashion industry for sharing resources that will directly impact Ukrainians on the ground.
Write to your government
- UK residents can sign a petition to the Home Secretary, Priti Patel to demand we open our borders to all people fleeing the war in Ukraine.
- Find your MP here and write to them demanding support for the Ukrainian people.
- A comprehensive list of links to rally governments can also be found here.
- Accurate journalism is integral during a time like this andThe Kyiv Independent is carrying on in the face of oppression to deliver the latest news to the people of Ukraine. The English-language newspaper is accepting donations through their Patreon and GoFundMe pages.
Donate to resources
- Support the #CookForUkraine campaign.
- Resources to directly support Ukrainians fleeing the war.
- Donate to the Disasters Emergency Committee Ukraine Appeal. £25 million of public donations to this appeal have been matched pound for pound by the UK Government.
- UK residents can either donate to The Ukrainian Red Cross or The British Red Cross, the latter which has launched an appeal to raise funds for food, medical supplies, shelter and water.
- Sunflower for Peace provides first-aid backpacks to doctors and paramedics on the front line.
- You can also check out this list rolling list detailing a myriad of ways you can help Ukraine as a foreigner.
Fashion and art initiatives
- Donate through purchasing digital fashion via DRESSX, a platform founded by Ukrainians.
- London-based Ukrainian designer Natasha Zinko has started a fundraiser to help provide aid for the war in Ukraine. You can donate via the link here.
- 100% of the proceeds from the sale of SHOWstudio artist Alina Zamanova's work will go to support the Ukrainian army. Please consider purchasing one of her works from the SHOWstudio shop, donate directly here, or at the link in her Instagram bio.
- THE FRNTAL SOULS FOR PEACE project has partnered with various Ukrainian celebrities and artists who've come together to make and donate artwork, initiating an extensive NFT sale with all proceeds going to support Ukraine. Check out Thefrntl.com for more information.
- Art Partner have launched Prints For Ukraine where, from 1 - 15 April, they will partner with 15 photographers as numbered editions of 50 - with all prints priced at £155. All proceeds will be donated to charity organisation 1kprojectorg.
- Artist Anton Belinsky has designed a small clothing capsule with all proceeds going towards local volunteer organisation 'Angels of Kyiv'. To help donate or buy a t-shirt, visit Kyiv Angels for more information.
Educate yourself on the situation in Ukraine and where you are able, join public protests against the Russian invasion of Ukraine.