David Sims is a British fashion photographer. Sims began by assisted photographers Robert Erdmann and Norman Watson, then went on to join photographer's agency M.A.P. and worked with a number of their clients. In 1993, 2000 and 2001 Sims signed one-year exclusive contracts to Harper's Bazaar (USA). He has photographed for W magazine, The Face, Arena, i-D, L'Uomo Vogue, Arena Homme Plus, Vogue Homme International, British Vogue and Dazed & Confused. His advertising clients have included Pepsi, Gap, Prada, Helmut Lang, Yohji Yamamoto, Levis, Louis Vuitton, Jil Sander, Hugo Boss, Rimmel, Givenchy, BCBG and Nike.
- 'Yohji Yamamoto: May I help you', Hara Museum of Contemporary Art, Tokyo, 2003
- 'Chick Clicks - Modefotografie zwischen Kunts and Aufrag', Fotomuseum Winterthur, Switzerland, 2003
- 'Archaeology of Elegance' Deichtorhallen, Hamburg, 2002 Solo exhibition, Zwemmer Gallery, London.
- 'Young fashion photographer of the year', Festival de la mode, Hyeres, France, 1996
- 'Young fashion photographer of the year', Festival de la mode, Hyeres, France, 1994
- Klein, Steve. Saville, Peter. Sims, David and Wetherell, Paul. ‘Heads: Hair by Guildo.’ Booth- Clibborn Editions, Nov 2000.
- Sims, David. Visionaire 40 David Sims Roses.’ Visionaire Publishing, Limited Edition, January 2003.
David Sims features in a project.