This internship is a great opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in archiving and fashion film. The desired candidate will be assisting the team in building SHOWstudio’s entire archive of creative fashion film and building a complete library for our audience on our YouTube channel. The chosen candidate would be assisting in the complete YouTube infrastructure of projects produced by SHOWstudio over the last fifteen years. They would be working closely with the technical and design department, as well as the Editor and editorial team.
The ideal candidate must be:
- Diligent, competent and technically minded
- Have excellent organisation and communication skills
- Be computer literate in both Mac and PC
- Have a good knowledge of YouTube and Vimeo
- Have good working knowledge of photoshop and video editing software (particularly premier)
- Be able to research effectively, working hard to find answers to often difficult and complex problems
- Must be able to work alone and as part of a team in an effective manner
- Locating the project and original files for all content within SHOWstudio’s archive
- Detecting and rectifying any project errors and broken links
- Working directly with the editorial team to create and edit video title cards onto content
- Rendering projects and preparing for upload
- Uploading and managing content library on YouTube
What you will gain:
The successful candidate will gain a full knowledge of all SHOWstudio’s extensive library of fashion film and creative content. A thorough insight and understanding into the fundamental workings and infrastructure of a creative studio. Gain experience in archiving digital content for a leading fashion editorial website. This role would suit a candidate with an interest in archiving, digital exhibiting or online publishing.
Please send your CV, a short covering letter (no longer than two paragraphs) and details of your availability to email@example.com. Please include 'Firstname Surname, Digital Archive internship' within the subject line of your email.