SHOWstudio is looking for somebody to work hand-in-hand with our eCommerce Manager to grow our eCommerce platform. The position is perfect for somebody with a very strong eCommerce/Digital background who also has a very good understanding of the fashion and art industries, and who is on the pulse with what young artists/designers are creating.
The Business Development Manager will oversee and manage SHOWstudio online sales and expansion efforts, from developing long-term goals and strategies, as well as making sales and processing invoices. Specifically, you will be responsible for bringing new clients – both consumers and vendors – into the business, as well as fostering relationships with existing clients and identifying opportunities to scale up the business.
This is an exciting opportunity to work at a startup and help build the business from its early stages.
- Drive sales and manage costs to achieve monthly sales and profitability targets
- Source and select artwork and product for sale on website
- Identify new clients, nurture relationships and source/secure new customers that are in line with the SHOWstudio brand to support and drive company growth
- Identify and engage with young illustrators/photographers/designers that are in line with the SHOWstudio brand to sell online
- Collaborate with eCommerce Manager to create exclusive merchandise for SHOWstudio
- Provide qualitative analysis and marketplace input on buying and pricing decisions
- Deliver a consistently well maintained, visually exciting and commercial environment both online and in studio
- Manage the installation of product in the studioWork with the eCommerce Manager to ensure proper inventory records
- Develop an on-going PR campaign and strategy, grow marketing campaigns
- Create social media strategies and newsletters to promote product
- Generate press coverage for special projects and product
- Work closely with cross-functional organisations including marketing and product to support and achieve business growth strategies and objectives
- Assist in gathering market intelligence by reporting noteworthy information regarding customers, competitors and the marketplace
- Liaise with artists on pricing and terms of sale, organise shipment of artwork - both from artist to studio and from studio to client
- Monitor all expenses, incoming and outgoing invoices, credit card statements, bank statement, oversee master sales documents
- Liaise with accountant so that artists are paid when sales are completeWork with the Editorial team to create monthly reports that feature projects
- Arrange imagery for product, social media and press
- Write product text for website, blog posts, newsletters, essays and press releases, upload product to site
Desired skills and experience:
- 4+ years experience in a sales or client facing role
- Experience in eCommerce, auction house, ad sales, gallery/art sales or SaaS a plus
- Commercial experience in a creative environment
- Demonstrable team management skills, must also be a team player
- Hands-on approach to work
- Flexible and adaptable
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Able to use own initiative, highly self-motivated and a self-starter
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
Send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include 'Firstname Surname, Business Development Manager' in the subject line of your email. Position is available immediately so early applications are encouraged.
Salary: Based on experience