Jessica Ogden is a fashion designer working in London. Born in Jamaica she studied at Rhode Island School of Design, USA and Byam Shaw School of Art in London. Ogden has a fascination with old and distressed fabrics, which has been a continuing theme in all the collections since the launch of her own label in 1993. She is credited as a pioneer of salvage fashion, with a strong respect for craft. Garments typically display elements of layering, hand printing and stitching to create modern forms. Her design is more about alchemy than pattern cutting - she has treated fabrics with paint, needles, cheese graters, hammers and nail guns. Ogden has made unconventional presentations during fashion weeks, choosing to make an installation or to have her clothing modelled by amateur ballroom dancers. Jessica collaborated with French label APC to create the line 'JO Custom'.
Jessica Ogden is represented by A.I +44 (0) 207 287 1314
- 'Radicals at Mode Fashion 2001 Landed', Antwerp (2001)
- 'â€¨My favourite Dress' British Council Window Gallery, Prague, (2001)
- 'Jam', Barbican Gallery, London (2001)
- 'Fabric of Fashion' Crafts council, London and touring (2001)
- 'Best of British Fashion' Design Museum Arts Council (2000)
- 'Lost and Found' British Council touring exhibition, (1999)