Juergen Teller is a photographer who works both in the fields of fashion and art. Born in 1964 in Erlangen, Germany, he developed his interest in photography after a short spell working as an apprentice bow maker and studied at the Bayerische Staatalehranstalt fur Photographie in Munich between 1984 and 1986. After moving to London, Teller went on to photograph for magazines The Face, Arena Homme Plus, W Magazine, British, American, Italian, French and Australian Vogue, Dazed and Confused and Self Service. His editorial work attracted the attention of numerous fashion designers and Teller has photographed advertising campaigns for Anna Molinari, Blumarine, Commes des Garcons, Helmut Lang, Katherine Hamnett, Marc Jacobs, Louis Vuitton, Yves Saint Laurent and Ungaro. Teller has also worked on record covers for Björk, New Order, Neneh Cherry, Texas, PM Dawn and Supergrass. Teller's books include 'Go Sees' (1999) 'Tracht' (2001) and 'More, Stephanie Seymour (2001). Teller continues to produce an extensive body of personal photography and has exhibited internationally. He has also worked on film projects including a short film for fashion designer Marc Jacobs, which received a CFDA award. He completed the short film 'Can I Own Myself' featuring Kate Moss in 1998 and most recently a film project for the Rotterdam film festival in 1999. In recent years he has exhibited in Berlin, New York and London in a variety of group and solo shows, and has recently held solo shows at the Lehmann Maupin Gallery, New York, and the Fondation Cartier pour l'art contemporain, Paris, 2006.
Juergen Teller is represented by Katy Baggott +44 (0) 207 033 4100
- 'Märchenstüberl', Modern Art Inc., London, 2001
- 'Century City', Tate, London, 2001
- Solo exhibition, Lehmann Maupin Gallery, New York, 2000
- Mayday communities/communication, The Photographers Gallery, London, 1999
- Solo exhibition, The Photographers Gallery, London, 1998
- 'Der Verborgene Brecht Ein Berliner Stadtrundgang, Cubitt Gallery, London, 1998
- 'Jam', The Barbican Gallery, London, 1996
- 'Positive View', Saatchi Gallery, London, 1995
- Teller, Juergen. ‘Marc Jacobs: Advertising 1997-2008’ Steidl Verlag, feb 2009
- Teller, Juergen. ‘Juergen Teller: Vivienne Westwood.’ Steidl Verlag, Nov 2008.
- Darrieussecq, Marie and Huppert, Isabelle. ’Juergen Teller: Do You Know What I Mean?’ Actes Sud, May 2006.
- Teller, Juergen. 'Fondation Cartier pour l'art contemporain', France, 2006
- Teller Juergen. 'Louis XV', Steidl Publishing, Germany 2005
- Teller, Juergen. ‘The Master.’ Steidl Verlag, Jul 2005.
- Jacobs, Marc, Sherman, Cindy and Teller, Juergen. ‘Ohne Titel: A Collaboration Between Juergen Teller, Cindy Sherman and Marc Jacobs.’ Steidl Verlag, Feb 2005
- Teller Juergen ‘Two Pork Chops and a Dumpling and One Children’s Portion of Schnitzel With Fries.’ Steidl Verlag. Oct 2003
- Seymore, Stephanie and Teller, Juergen, ‘ Juergen Teller: More.’ Scalo, May 2002.
- Teller, Juergen. 'Tracht', Lehmann Maupin, New York, 2001
- Teller, Juergen. ‘Juergen Teller: Go- Sees: Girls Knocking On My Door’ Scalo, Sep 1999.
- Teller, Juergen. 'Go Sees', Scalo, 1999
- Rushky, Michael. 'Der Verborgene Brecht Ein Berliner Stadtrundgang', Scalo, 1998
- Teller, Juergen. 'Juergen Teller', Taschen, 1996
- Photographer of the Year, Festival de la Mode, Monaco, 1993
- Young Photographer of the Year, Festival de la Mode, Barcelona, 1992