Philippe Garner has been an auction specialist in photographs and 20th century decorative arts and design since 1971. He is a Director of Christie’s, and is their International Head in his specialist areas. Philippe has a particular interest in the story of fashion, beauty and celebrity photography and has published widely on this field, producing monographs on Cecil Beaton and 60s photographer John Cowan and essays on numerous photographers including Richard Avedon, Guy Bourdin and Helmut Newton.
- Garner, Philippe, 'Guy Bourdin', Gallimard, 2004
- Garner, Philippe, 'John Cowan: Through The Light Barrier', Schirmer/Mosel, 1999
- Garner, Philippe, Cecil Beaton: The Dandy Photographer', British Council, 1998
- Garner, Philippe, 'Cecil Beaton', Jonathan Cape, 1994
- Philippe Garner features in a project.